Saturday, July 18, 2015

AND...WE'RE BACK!

Whoa, ok people. I would just like to say that although I've been MIA for at least a month, I've been doing some serious livin' here in Minnesota.

If you care at all about the antics I'm getting into out here, this is the best place to follow along...as well as my Instagram account (@marykielar)!

So, let me break this down for you...on June 1st I was hired by Lakeland Public Television as a Multimedia Journalist/Reporter (MMJ for short- basically means I shoot, edit and write all of my stories each day!) In the weeks leading up to my start date on July 1st, I found an apartment, sorted out moving (well, let's be real I acted like I knew what I was doing but my angelic parents really lead the way...in every way), and made the 20 hour road-trip with my mama that I will truly never forget!

Mama in Madison, WI with a famous brat stand brat!

Soaking in the sun at Memorial Terrace Madison, WI

Hello, Bemidji!


Right now, I've officially survived two full weeks of reporting on my own, and I've got to say that I am learning so much about this new place that I now call home. I've also learned so much about my capabilities and have really become so much more confident in my skills. I couldn't be more thrilled.

The only thing that's currently killing me...is the fact that I absolutely cannot step foot into my lovely apartment without breaking a sweat. It's pretty much to the point that, when I get out of the shower...I can't tell that I've showered anymore. Gross, but hey I keep it real on here. So, I am just going to thank the powers that be for inventing ceiling fans and standing fans. I'm currently writing this being caressed by the gentle breeze of my standing fan. Bless that invention. Bless.

As I'm getting settled in here, I finally have had time to start getting into the gym and focusing on my eating. Meal prep is in full-swing again and let me tell you-after a day of carrying around equipment and sweating, there's no greater feeling than realizing my dinner is only minutes away from being ready. Oh, and wine. Wine is also grand.

Well, buckle up people, because I hope you're ready to take this wild Minnes-ooh-tan ride with me!

Yee-haw!


XOXO M

No comments:

Post a Comment